Spencers - Cheap Jewelry

I bought a new ring for my daith piercing.It was a super cute package of purple rings.

I assumed their body jewelry would be perfectly fine and not cause any problems. However, several days later the purple started to chip off while I was wearing this ring and it caused an infection.

Now I have to go back to the guy who pierced me and explain to him why a healed piercing is now infected and why this ring needs to be removed.Needless to say I am never shopping at Spencers again, and will be telling everyone I know how cheap their jewelry is made!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 2 Yes 2 2 No 2
Had the same issue 6 Yes 6
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 22, 2014 #888501 Hanover, Pennsylvania

I am a 66 yr old professional, so I don't expect being treated like a stoned teen (and I don't even think they should be treated rudely when their money is as good as mine), but when I went to return my $12.99 earring set because the paint came off in 20 days (worn only two days), the manager said no returns or exchanges on worn items! Pretty hypocritical that the package reads "highest quality material and expert workmanship" when the merchandise is just a cheap import. I'm discontinuing any gift shopping there!

Dec 04, 2014 #911134

Was this the Hanover, PA store? If so who was the manager on duty? I work there and would really like to know who turned down your exchange. Also almost all colored coated 316L stuff I have ever come across chips at some point. I found this out the hard way myself. If you want a colored anything, get adonized titanium.

Sep 17, 2014 #871764 London, Ontario

I have the same issue right now I have 9 piercings in my ears bought a pack of studs the sales person assured me were surgical steel and now I'm about to loose my cartilage piercing and my top 3on both ears..total of 7 infected piercings that were pierced and healed YEARS ago ! I feel your pain that's a bad one to have infected :(

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.